Wednesday, June 26, 2013

To everything there is a season, and a time for every purpose under heaven Ecclesiastes 3:!

Can I just say.... I hate change....Ok its not necessarily that I hate it. I guess afraid it a better word. Afraid of losing what I have, even if its not working. Afraid of the unknown...is it going to be an easy tradition, one I find better and not as bad as I thought, or is it going to be challenging and difficult for me to find my place and to catch on.  And the weird thing about it is that you can know its coming and still be surprised when it happens no matter how long you knew about it. It always seems to sneak up on you. Before you know it its here and you can no longer escape it and you have no choice but to confront it.....Either way.... it all SUCKS!! (my mother hates that word) The reality in life is....change is inevitable....its going to happen.
I remember right before I got married I was so ready to move and start the next phase in my life, live on my own finally be completely independent (what the heck was I thinking??!!) As the months turned into weeks and the weeks turned into days I still had not packed my room to move.... I couldn't do it. I realized I would never have my own room again, never have my own space, my own bed, my own closet....it was weird.... and I resisted...by not packing. Like that was going to stop it from happening. My best friend ha to come and MAKE me pack. Actually I think she ended up doing most of it!!! lol!!
Change is about to happen in my life again. I have resisted it for about a year, denying it was happening or coming.....but it has. I can no longer resist. I would be lying if I said I wasn't worried or afraid of whats to come or how this will change my everyday life. I just don't know. What I do know is that resisting the change is only going to make me more stressed and afraid. I know the Lord is in control and he will put me in the position that I am supposed to be in to do the most good for his kingdom. I am a servant for him and by trade so where ever I can serve him most, is where I will be.
If you are resisting change in your life, give it to the Lord. He tells us not to worry but to trust in him. Believe me, I know thats easier said then done.
When I was ending nursing school I was literally getting to the point where I thought I was losing my mind. I was getting married 3 weeks after graduation, I had finals, exit exams and boards to study for and pass. If I did not pass the exit exam it meant Eric and I could not go on our honeymoon that was already paid for....it was serious. And I seriously thought I was about to LOSE IT!!! I got to a point where I just had to stop. I had to put down the books, know that everything that was learned had been learned and there was nothing else I could do but pray. And pray I did. I also asked others to pray for me, which I hardly ever do. Every time I thought about it I prayed. Guess what??? He did it, because Lord knows I couldn't do alone! I was mentally done! But I passed....not with flying colors....but I passed!! So today thats what I do. When I start to panic on the inside I say a little pray to myself to calm down and know who in control of this mess of a world I live in. He has the perfect plan for all of our lives. I hope I can continue to remember this.






No comments:

Post a Comment